Champs Sports Network is looking for part time high school student reporters for the 2013-2014 school year. Becoming a Champs Correspondent gives sudents a unique learning opportunity to gain real world experience and the chance to contribute to your school's visibility and recognition. You will receive training, a press pass, and other perks as a member of the Champs Sports Network.
We are looking for a detail-oriented person with a love of sports, excellent communication skills and willingness to work 2-4 hours a week, primarily in the evening and on the weekends.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Attend high school varsity football games for your school;
- Collect and enter score and scoring summary for the varsity football team at your school on deadline;
- Write a short game recap of the game you attended;
- Shoot short video clips from game and interviews;
- Follow guidelines for content set by Champs Sports Net staff.
- Must be in 9-12 grade in high school within the WPIAL
- Stellar communication skills;
- Experience working on deadline;
- Ability to quickly understand content management systems;
- Tremendously organized with outstanding time management skills;
- Journalism experience a plus;
- Candidates interested in pursuing a degree in communications, statistics, public relations, marketing, sports marketing, journalism or a related field are preferred.